09 Apr OATUG Forum Online Sessions (Collaborate20 Replacement)
As you are probably aware, the Collaborate20 conference in Las Vegas has been cancelled, along with every other in-person conference at this time.
The good news is that it has been replaced by the OATUG Forum Online from April 20 to May 1, 2020. The planned 500 sessions had to be cut to 200, but fortunately all three of our sessions have been selected; two led by our clients and one more technical session led by us.
We hope you are able to join us for one of these sessions. If you are unable to attend but would like to see a recording of the session, or find out more information, please contact us.
How Ballard Automates Multi-Currency Processes Across Oracle ERP and SCM Cloud
22-Apr-20 1030-1130 EDT
Session ID 11725 Presenter: Adam Brooks, IT Manager, Ballard
Ballard were one of the first organizations in North America to implement the full suite of modules in Oracle ERP, HCM and SCM Clouds.
We sell to customers across the world from our main offices in Canada and the US, hence accurate FX rates and multi-currency functionality are important.
A fully automated process is in place to load rates daily, to provide rates used by transactions in all Oracle modules. Period end and average rates are also automated for use in GL processes.
- How Oracle uses a single source of truth for rates for all transactions across modules and pillars
- How we implemented FXLoader quickly and easily from the Oracle Cloud Marketplace
- How changes are managed, such as adding a currency or updating the link password
- How the integration works at a detailed level, utilising Oracle PaaS
- Best practices for security of integrations using web services, including lessons learnt on minimal roles and privileges
Multi-Currency and Multi-National Oracle Financials Cloud at Houlihan Lokey
1-May-20 1030-1130 EDT
Session ID 11787 Presenter: Richard Kadeg, VP Finance, Houlihan Lokey
Houlihan Lokey use the full suite of financial modules in Oracle ERP Cloud, plus PBCS and FCCS.
Our global implementation spans 15 countries, so the multi-currency, multi-organization features are crucial.
Multi-currency is automated via FXLoader, for individual transactions and revaluation/translation at period end.
We support statutory requirements in Europe via localizations within the product for Italy, France, Germany and Spain. Intercompany and consolidation are also important processes.
- How multi-currency works in Oracle ERP Cloud
- How we automated FX rates from a trusted source using FXLoader
- The financials localizations available and necessary for Italy, France, Germany and Spain
- How we perform consolidation and intercompany transactions
- Looking ahead to REVAL for treasury functionality within Oracle ERP Cloud
Using the Autonomous Transaction Processing Database for Oracle ERP Cloud Extensions
29-Apr-20 1400-1500 EDT
Session ID 11786 Presenter: Peter Care, Technicial Director, FXLoader
There are a number of Platform as a Service offerings from Oracle for extending the Fusion applications (PaaS for SaaS).
We will show how we use the Autonomous Transaction Processing Database to achieve our integration with Oracle ERP Cloud, using Oracle Application Express (APEX) and database features such as scheduling.
We will also cover the Fusion web services used for the integration and Oracle REST Data Services (ORDS) used to pull data from the database.
- Key features of the Autonomous Transaction Processing Database Serverless edition – what is managed by Oracle
- How APEX works with this platform
- The capabilities of the Oracle ERP Cloud web services we call and how they can be called from within the database using APEX packages
- Configuring Oracle REST Data Services (ORDS) to allow access to data from outside
- Differences between ATP Serverless and Exadata Express